CV Ministries Mission for National Church Security and Safety
CorrValues exists to transform individuals, organizations and society. We provide prevention, restoration and educational services that lead to individual and organizational growth, health and prosperity. Our efforts are focused on church, college and correctional entities and systems.
CorrValues was founded in 2012 by Dr. David Stephens, PsyD. and E. Darlene Schreckel-Mitchell, M.H.A. We began with a primary focus on working with correctional agencies, facilities and systems, but realized that we are committed to making a difference in society, and so needed to broaden our vision without diminishing or minimizing our commitment to working with jails and prisons.
Our expanded focus allows us to impact society by preventing problems through our work with churches and college counseling centers. If we can improve the lives of individuals, couples and families, improve marriages, improve parenting skills and help people manage and recover from mental health issues we will not only improve churches and colleges, but will impact society by reducing the number of people who are involved in the criminal justice system and eventually become incarcerated.
The expanded focus includes broadening our work with correctional agencies, to include providing organizational development and management, leadership development, transition management and executive coaching. We believe that by assisting correctional agencies in these areas of organizational development, they will function better, save money, and better fulfill their mission, which is to keep society safe and to provide a corrective experience that will change the behavior and reduce the recidivism rate of those within their walls.
Our staff now includes Dr. David Stephens, President and Founder; E. Darlene Schreckel-Mitchell, Executive Vice President and Founder; Dr. Stephen Kirkpatrick, Chief Learning Officer; and Daniel Blevins, Church / Ministry Safety and Security Director.
CorrValues and our clients benefit from the combined experience of over 40 years of senior management experience in the correctional healthcare delivery system of Dr. Stephens and Edie; the 25 years of church and Christian counseling experience of Dr. Stephens; the many years of hospital founding, development and executive management experience of Edie; the years of management and oversight of University counseling centers by Dr. Stephens; the 30 years of organizational management and development, organizational leadership development, transition management, and executive coaching experience of Dr. Kirkpatrick; the combined 50 years of online and in person educational and training experience of Dr. Stephens and Dr. Kirkpatrick; and over 6 years of church safety, shepherding and security experience of Dr. Stephens and Mr. Blevins.
Collectively, our correctional, church counseling, educational, church security, and college counseling center experts have accomplished the following:
- Directed and had full responsibility for the medical and/or mental health care of 4 state Departments of Correction (Ohio, Missouri, Colorado and Wyoming)
- Directed and had full responsibility for the mental health services in 30 jails in 13 states
- Developed or participated in the management team of Re-entry Services for 4 state Departments of Correction
- Developed jail re-entry program that won award for quality by the National Association of Counties
- Writing curriculum/Subject Matter Expert for National Institute of Corrections Grant, "Planning and Implementing Mental Health Services in Jails"
- Vice President of Chemical Bank on Wall Street, New York, NY
- 25 years of experience of organizational consulting to Fortune 100 Companies, Fortune 500 Companies, US Department of Defense and others
- Managed and Editorial Board member of Journal of Psychological Issues in Organizational Culture and the Journal of Correctional Healthcare
- Developed online education services for 2 Universities
- Opened, gained full accreditation, and was CEO of 3 private hospitals
- Provide Christian counseling services to churches throughout Colorado and Wyoming
- Consulted with churches on issues of addiction, sex offenses, domestic violence, and shepherding
- Developed church security services for a church with membership of 6,000+ people
- Consulted with churches on issues of church security
- Deans of the School of Organizational Leadership and School of Professional Psychology at University of the Rockies
- Developed policies, procedures, quality management processes, and oversaw the remodeling and expansion of a University counseling center
- Developed self-contained counseling clinics in churches and jails and prisons
Other Sources of information on Church Security include Carl Chinn at http://www.carlchinn.com/, Jimmy Meeks of Sheepdog Seminars, and Lt. Col. Dave Grossman.